Friday, August 22, 2008

PR for my dog

So, Evie, is a rescue dog. From what we know about her, she had a very rough first year of life. She wasnt fed, neglected, and I think, abused. I really think that she lived with a Hispanic or African American family. We could be walking down the street and a Hispanic or Black person could be walking down the street doing NOTHING and she will start losing it. She will bark and jump. Now, I have learned the signs of this happening and know to hold her tight and tell her to keep walking. She is getting a tiny bit better. I also realized to stop letting people pet her because sometimes they pet her & she's fine, and then she loses it.

I feel really bad for people when she does this to them b/c they are not doing anything.

Anyway, I realized I need to do some public relations for her. She is part pit so people already think she is out to eat their face. She is very muscular. She sometimes looks scary, even to me, when she is just sitting on the rug doing nothing. SO - when people ask if she is friendly, I immediately tell them she is a "rescue dog" and warn them that she will bark & jump. But then I quickly follow up to say that its not them, she is just very protective. I dont know if this is helping to say she is a RESCUE dog, but I hope it is.

No comments: