Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mud Slide






 
Yesterday, Evie and I had quite the adventure out on our walk. We went to Alamo Square and went to the northern side of the park which has a pretty good size slope. The ground was muddy. Evie started running around. I lost my footing and basically slid down the slope thru the mud. Yes. This happened.
After the "Mudslide", we just sort of plopped down and take in what just happened. haha
Of course, Evie just sat there staring at me. I was covered in mud on my right side. It was prettttyyyy funny!!

When we got home, I changed & Evie went right into the tub. Thankfully, I was going to do laundry last night anyway!

For dinner, I made the garlic roasted cauliflower from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook. SO delicious. The recipe called for pine nuts which were a nice addition. Can someone please tell me why pine nuts are so expensive!?!

Last night was Erik's hockey game at 8pm which meant Evie and I were all alone last night. I have to say, it was pretty nice to catch up on the DVR and relax with Evie like old times. Seems like SUCH a long time ago that Erik had that crazy work shift of 3-12.

Here's the recipe for the caulflower:


Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
(How Easy is That?)
Serves 6
1 head of garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into large florets
4 1/2 Tb. olive oil, divided
kosher salt, ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
3 Tb. pine nuts
2 Tb. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the garlic cloves. Boil for 15 seconds. Drain, pee, and cut off any brown parts. Cut the largest cloves in half lengthwise.

On a sheet pan, toss the cauliflower with the garlic, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Spread the mixture out in a single layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing twice, until the cauliflower is tender and the garlic is lightly browned.

Scrape the cauliflower into a large bowl with the garlic and pan juices. Add the remaining 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, the parsley pine nuts, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with another ½ teaspoon of salt, toss well, and serve hot or warm.

No comments: