Monday, April 18, 2011

Saturday

On Saturday, I got up and went to get my hair done. I just got it highlighted and it looks exactly the same as it always does. Haha. It makes me so mad because I sit in that chair for HOURS and come out looking the same. However, when I go for a drastic change, I wish I had just done 'the usual'. I can't win! haha

Saturday was gorgeous until the fog rolled in, making it windy & foggy in SF. Amy & I decided to head north and we went to lunch in Sausalito. We went to Horizons, which is right on the water & sat on the deck. It was sunny & warm in Sausalito!


After lunch, I went home to relax with Erik & Evie. Erik had gone surfing and was watching hockey. Later on, we went to dinner at a restaurant we haven't been to before...Sociale.

Sociale is in the Laurel Heights neighborhood and tucked away in an alley. It was so cute! They had a little garden area with heat lamps and indoor seating. The food was amazzzinnng!

We started with:
WHITE BEAN CROSTINO
Arugula salad, shaved parmigiano-reggiano

and

CRAB TIMBALE
English pea purée, shallots, chives, lemon vinaigrette

Erik had the LIGURIAN FISH STEW
Tilapia, prawns, Dungeness crab, roasted onion, potato, fennel pollen tomato broth

and I had the SEARED PETRALE SOLE
Stuffed with rock shrimp, asparagus, fingerling potatoes, lemon beurre blanc

Everything was delicious. The sole was cooked well and that lemon beurre blanc sauce that accompanied with it was soooo good.

We skipped dessert since we were so full. The other great thing about this restaurant is that there was a ton of parking, right on the street!!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to come back and sit in the garden!

No comments: