Wednesday, October 12, 2011

LIvermore and Magic Flute

On Saturday, we headed out to Murrieta's Well Winery in Livermore to show Mom our wedding location! It was so warm & sunny out there so it was a great day to visit. We talked through the details of how the ceremony and reception will flow, where things will be set up, etc.


After touring the winery, we went to lunch in downtown Livermore at First Street Ale House.


I had the:
MUSHROOM-SWISS BURGER
Topped with grilled mushrooms and melted Swiss cheese

My Mom & Erik had burgers but I don't remember which ones. I am loving turkey burgers with mushrooms and cheese these days!

After the winery & lunch, we headed back to SF. We chilled out with Evie for awhile and then we headed to dinner. We tried to go to this apparently awesome Italian restaurant called Allegro Romano but it was PACKED. They could barely sit their reservations on time so they were not taking any walk-ins (and they had said to try to walk in when I called a few days prior!)

Our back up plan was to try another Italian restaurant I wanted to try called Magic Flute.


We arrived pretty late, around 8:45. There were a few other tables occupied but otherwise, it was pretty quiet. The other tables actually cleared out and we were the only ones there for dinner. It was fine but I think it's weird when staff starts leaving or cleaning up around you. Unfortunately, I know they want to go home but they should keep that to a minimum around guests.

Anyway, the food was amazing. I would definitely go back! I wanted to have the Pumpkin Ravioli but they were out so I want to try to get back to have those! They also have a heated patio that I would love to dine in! We had....

Gilroy Garlic Bread parmesan cheese, herbs

Erik had the
Baby Spinach Salad
strawberries, red onion, gorgonzola cheese, pecans, pecan dressing
For dinner - the mushroom, basil risotto --WAY too much basil in here :-(


I had the House Made Crab Ravioli

Mom had the Vegetable Lasagna


The most exciting thing was finding Edmeades Zinfandel on the wine list. Remember when Erik and I went to that wine festival and raved about that wine? So delish!! I want to get up to the tasting room to try more wines and of course, BUY SOME!

Yummy dinner & definitely recommend this place!

No comments: