Thursday, December 15, 2011

4 Corners

Last night, my friends Lauren, Sarah, and I went out for dinner. We all used to work together and it's been awhile since Sarah and I saw Lauren. Lauren is recently engaged so we got together to talk weddings and catch up!

 We went to a restaurant that used to be called Unwind but changed to be a Southwestern place called, 4 Corners. We shared some appetizers, a bottle of wine, and each ordered or own dinners.

queso fundido, charred poblano chile vinaigrette

grilled ahi tostada, black bean mango salsa

fish tacos, local fish, 4 corners’ slaw, housemade salsas

Bottle of Serenity, Brassfield White Blend, Clear Lake

I really felt like the food was lackluster & overpriced. This doesn't seem like a true SW place but more of a generic restaurant that wants to serve SW food. The queso was OK (nothing beats On The Border), and the tostadas were good. The fish tacos were pretty good, very fresh, but they had a smoky chipotle sauce on them that I didn't care for. They weren't served with any sides, either.

I probably won't be back or recommend....Isn't that how it usually goes with my restaurant visits in SF!

No comments: