Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tres Amigas: Duende

Last night was our Tres Amigas dinner at the newest Oakland hotspot: Duende.


We shared a few tapas dishes - I will translate for you


ensalada de col= (Salad with shredded cabbage, cheese, chopped olives and pistachios)
savoy cabbage+mahón+
green olives+PISTACHIOS



PATAtas BRAVAS= (Crispy chunks of potato with a spicy sauce)
CRISPY POTATOES+SPICY ALLIOLI



MEMBRILLO Y QUESOS= (Cheese plate)
QUINCE+basseri+idiazabal+valdeón

canalones=porcini mushrooms+spinach+sunchokes+cream    (Tortillas wrapped up filled with mushrooms, spinach, sunchokes, cream) - Delish!

Dessert was a berry/apple crumble.

The girls shared a Tempranillo but I had a glass of the 2010 Paul Dolan Chardonnay (on tap)=pear + apple + vanilla.

Everything was very good and I loved the canalones, salad, and dessert. The cheese plate was Ok but we had to ask for bread to go with it. The potatoes were nothing special either.

Overall, it was a good dinner but I don't think I'd go back. I do keep thinking of that Wood Tavern and how amazing that place was. I cannot wait to check out more restaurants in Berkeley, too!

No comments: