Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Boxing Room

Saturday was a fun day! There was the usual chores but then Erik and I went our separate ways. I dropped him off at the golf course for his annual hockey team golf outing. Then, I went to get my hair done and then met up with Betsy for a manicure. There is noting better than getting your hair and nails done to feel great!

I went home to walk Evie and watched a movie, The Switch. It was pretty predictable. The only thing that saved this movie was that Jason Bateman is cute! So predictable = boring.


For dinner, Betsy, Jun, and I went to The Boxing Room. This place opened a few months ago and I have been wanting to go! The Boxing Room is billed as a Southern Louisiana cajun cuisine.


To start, we shared the Hushpuppies and the Heirloom tomato salad. Both were delish. The Boxing Room makes their own Hot Sauce which was verrrryyy good. Spicy and but not too hot.


For my dinner, I had the fried chicken with corn maque choux, buttermilk mashed potatoes, & gravy. Everything was very good and of course, fried chicken with hot sauce is delish.


We shared dessert which was out of this world. We had Pralines and Cream with pecan pralines, brown sugar blondie, & vanilla ice cream. Oh my god. Delicious!!

We also shared a bottle of wine. Love bringing our own wine to restaurants - it's so much cheaper than buying individual glasses or even a bottle.

The Boxing Room was a great dinner. I don't think this is a very "New Orleans" style place. The interior was very sleek, wood finishes. The music was a little bit NoLa-ish. There are a few more "Creole" restaurants in the city that I would like to try to see how they stack up against Boxing Room. Overall, the food was good and I would probably go back.

After dinner, we made a few more stops. First to Marlena's for a drink & watch a few songs of the weekly drag show. Then, we went to Sugar for a drink and finally to The Mint to watch some karaoke. Unfortunately, we did not get to sing because we got there too late but it is always a good time there! Fun day and night!!

No comments: