Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday

Today, I worked from home & it was great. Working from home mid-week recharges me. I feel like I can relax a little, sleep in, and just be home and comfortable. Especially after getting home from school at 1030pm! I didn't wake up until 8am and it was a struggle.

Anyway, Evie was bad today. It was nice out and we were taking a mid-day walk. We sat down in the park and enjoyed the sun. It was time to go & that naughty thing did not want to go home. She was looking at me wierd & her ears were back. I went over to her to pull her to say, let's go. She growled at me!! It was a little growl but it said so much. It said 'Im the queen bee & I say when we leave.' THIS, my friends, is a problemo. I am sure that Erik and I are helping her to be a dominant dog. We let her on the bed. On the couch. That shows them that they are equals. We go through this a lot - of course, I pulled her, sat her down & told her NO. The rest of the day she behaved.

So, now I want her to sleep in her own bed tonight. She will cry. She is 3 1/2. She needs to grow up and get knocked down. I am queen bee. She is princesa.

The other thing she does is bark when she wants to play. You can't ignore her b/c she barks for 5 min straight. Not OK for living in an apartment. Shaking coins does not work. Spraying her with water does not work. So, now I am going to try Binaca. Yes, breath spray. The Trainer told us to do this - spray them once & say quiet. They will get it.

Don't let my cute face fool you. I am naughty.

No comments: