Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Rewind

We just had a great week in Connecticut with our families that I will share with you but let me rewind to an awesome meal Amy & I had prior to leaving for the holiday. The Tuesday before we left, we went to Allegro Romano. 



It is a small Italian restaurant in SF's Russian Hill neighborhood. It sits on a corner of a neighborhood next to a bunch of homes and apartment buildings, not in the middle of North Beach. We were seated immediately and had a great dinner. I have tried to go to this place in the past and it was PACKED. We learned that there are two seatings, 6pm and 8pm. So, now we know when to go however they did seat us at 7:30 because they weren't that busy!

Apparently, celebrities stop by this place frequently!


We shared a mozzarella, tomato, and basil caprese salad to start.


For dinner, I had the lobster ravioli which was SO good that I wanted to lick my plate.

Home-made lobster ravioli with vodka pink sauce!

Instead of dessert, we had a 2nd glass of wine. They have quite a heavy pour here! They even gave us free dessert wine.

So delish. I loved that I wasn't in North Beach with the tourists getting Italian food. I would totally come back here in a second!


No comments: