This was the year where we traded in reservations and box seats, for meatloaf and jenga. this was the year where we realized that the people gathered with us around the television, was much more important than the size of our television.....How true....2009 was a rocky year. I am glad to say goodbye to 2009! What would the year be without a few lessons though....here we go:
1. Never get bangs again. They are a hassle and more effort than they're worth
2. Always buy the school parking pass when you sign up for a class. ALWAYS.
3. Look both ways before crossing the street. 10 times. Do not expect drivers to stop. I have seen it first hand.
4. As a driver, stop for someone in the crosswalk. Don't rush. Be late to work, the appointment, or to meet your friend. Rushing and possibly hurting someone is not worth it.
5. Your job is what you do, not who you are. Your job could be gone in an instant. Make sure the person who is left is someone you like and proud of without the mask of your job on.
Here's to a better 2010. A new decade. Hopefully we all hold onto the lessons we learned last year for a prosperous new year!