Monday, April 21, 2008

Book Reviews

Book Reviews

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- I resisted reading this book for awhile while everyone told me how good it was. I figured it was another 'young girl in NYC/London who works in PR and is searching for the perfect man' book. It was the exact opposite. I couldn't put this book down. It was exciting & held my attention. There was something new in each chapter. Definitely Recommend. The book was so good, I am going to meet the author when she comes to SF!

Bitter Is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - The title of this book was just hilarious. This is the 1st book by this new author and it is her memoir. It is actually really funny to see what this girl goes through from spending a ton of money on shoes and living in a high end apt in Chicago to barely being able to pay the rent. She has 2 new books out called: Bright Lights, Big Ass and Such a Pretty Fat. I'm sure the next two will be just as good. Recommend

2 comments:

kmead said...

do you own this or did you borrow it?

Taralyn said...

i ready baby proof by emily giffin and had the same - this is going to suck preconceived notions. but it turned out to be pretty good.