Thursday, April 24, 2008

Evie: Shoes, Blue Feet, and a sprinkler


A few funny things and not so funny things about Evie.

1. She was home all day alone yesterday because both Erik and I were at work. Erik came home to feed her, walk her, and then left her alone for another hour to come to my kickball game. When she is home alone too long, she gets MAD. We arrived home to find a broken pen in the living room and 4 shoes. Which leads me to the blue feet....

2. Evie now has a blue foot b/c the pen exploded on her foot. Serves her right. I had to pick up splinters of plastic all around the living room.

3. As for the shoes, she started on the back of a heel but didnt do too much damage. She completely pulled off the bottom of another heel, and started gnawing on a toe of a flat shoe. Unreal! She has not pulled the shoe card since I first got her.

4. Now onto the sprinkler. One of Evie's favorite things to do is run into the sprinklers in the park. These are the type of sprinklers that go 'sh, sh, sh, sh' in a circle to spray 360 degrees. She likes to get up in the sprinkler where the force is strongest and get it in her mouth. Well, she was on her 50 foot leash so I could still hold onto her while she got her water fix. Of course, the leash gets wrapped around the sprinkler base and I have to go in. I had to hold her by the collar, while I unwrap the leash. I had to keep walking in a circle b/c 1)she was walking in a circle to follow the sprinkler and 2)to stay out of the water stream. Im sure anyone who saw this thought it was funny.

Now we know, keep everything out of her way when she is home alone for awhile and take her off the leash to go in the sprinkler!

1 comment:

kmead said...

dcan you please take a picture of the blue foot, and her drinking from the sprinkler? I am laughing thinking about her!