Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last 5 Miler

Today was my last team run before my half-marathon. I only had to run 5 miles today which is a gift after increasing mileage over the past month. I remember when I ran 4 miles for the first time back in February and it seemed like such a big feat. Slowly we moved to 6, 8, 10, 11 miles. Next Sunday is the big race!

We always dedicate our team runs to an 'honoree', someone who is battling a blood cancer. Today, I dedicated the team run to Stephanie Ruud. Stephanie is the wife of a co-worker who has leukemia. She has a 2 year old boy and is constantly having to be away from him while she goes to a hospital to receive treatment. She is being strong though & working through this. (check out her blog at beingruud.com)

Erik and I are driving 5 hours to Humboldt, CA (the pot capital of the US) next Saturday. We will go to the team pasta party. The race is on Sunday.

There will be a TON of TNT racers there from SF, Marin, Wine Country & Silicon Valley. It will be so great to see so many 'team members' out there cheering everyone on. It really is uplifting to have people you do not even know run past you & say 'Go Team'. I will also be thinking of Stephanie while I am reaching mile 13.


No comments: