Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yoga

Tonight, Erik and I went to yoga at Bend SF (bendsf.com) for "Restorative Yoga" It was yoga in a dark room light only by candlelight. There were only about 10 of us. We only did these relaxing poses where we laid down in different ways. This is totally different from any yoga I've ever done where you are doing 100 downward dog positions.

We went to Bend b/c we liked the instructor who taught the free yoga at Sports Basement one Sunday. Bend, is her studio.

I liked this yoga. Erik hated it. I'll be back. He will be finding another class. The funniest thing about the yoga was that we left the house at like 7:15, drove over there. We couldn't find the place because it was above another business. So finally we find the place, are clearly now about 5 mins late. You are NOT supposed to be late for yoga b/c you disrupt everyone. So we clamor up the steps and the instructor opens the door and whispers to us to please take our shoes off, leave our stuff in the hall. Of course, we start laughing when she goes back in. We are trying NOT to laugh because we don't want everyone to hear of us!

1 comment:

Heather M said...

*****Update to this blog***

Although the yoga where you just lay on the floor was relaxing, I dont think it did much for me.

I told my chiropractor about it & he said if I want my back to feel better I should try regular yoga, not lay around on the floor yoga.

Ummmm. yeah.