Friday, May 23, 2008

Day Off!!

TracyLocke is closed today for Memorial Day...yippee! I volunteered this morning with this great organization called 'Girls On The Run'. The group has an afterschool program for girls grades 2-8 where they teach them about self esteem, self respect, bullying, gossiping, eating right, etc.

It is also a running program where the girls learn how to run and after their 10 week program, they run either a 1 mile or 5K.
I volunteered with this group back in December that their run. Today I just helped them with office work and in 2 weeks, I am helping them at the Alcatraz Triathlon at the finish line, which will be exciting.

Anyway, here is the group:

http://www.gotrbayarea.org/

Evie and I also went back to the vet to get the yellow goo coming out her eyes checked out. She has some eye gel to put on a few times a day now. It could just be allergies they said or a virus that will go away.

Tonight, my friend Cristin and I are going to see this TOTALLY RAD 80's cover band called Tainted Love. http://www.taintedlove.com/

This weekend, we are staying in the city. Not sure what we are going to do yet....


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments: