Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friday


On Friday, we went to our second non-profit, The Upside of Downs. This group was pretty different from the Thursday event. They had a ton of kids there and were already taking pictures when we showed up. Seemed like they were a little more well versed on perhaps receiving grants and having photographers come visit. Needless to say, we were happy to interview people and get great photos. The grant money will be used for new play room and toys that fit the needs of these children.

Check out this awesome mural they had painted on the wall!

After this visit, we went to the airport where we unfortunately had a 3 hour wait before our flight and nothing earlier to get out on. We had lunch at a restaurant in the airport, made nicey with the bar tender and watch the Olympics.

This is me & Michael - my traveling buddy. Thank God he likes Glee & Broadway to listen to in the car! haha. At this point we are exhausted from three days of fun.

I had to connect in Chicago, which is NEVER easy. You seriously never get out of Chicago on time. Ever. Of course, we were delayed an hour. The best part was somehow, I got put into first class for my flight from Chicago to SF. I don't think I've ever flown in 1st Class but it was great. Now, I want to be in first class all the time. haha. Free drinks that they just keep refilling. We had a three course dinner of salad & shrimp cocktail. Then, ravioli dinner. Finally, a brownie sundae for dessert! I finally got home around 930pm. SO happy to be home!!

No comments: