Monday, June 9, 2008

Toilet. Where the economy is.

Fearing $5 gas, Americans cut back

As more Americans become resigned to the possibility of paying $5 for a gallon for gas, they are driving less and seriously considering chucking their gas guzzlers, according to a poll released Monday.

But the effects of high gas prices go beyond driving habits. The poll also shows that 55% of respondents are cutting back significantly on household spending.

How is the economy affecting you? Are you cutting back? Pumping gas for $4.23 a gallon freaks me out. I freaked out that asparagus cost us $6 and the bread we like is $4. Fish is about $20/lb We have not eaten out in a few weeks. The economy is scary and it is making me want to horde my pennies! I'm glad we can take the bus to work so we do not have to pay a lot for gas.

1 comment:

KMV said...

paying for gas sucks! I'm grateful that my car has good gas mileage so I don't have to fill up too many times a week! Groceries have gotten a lot more expensive.. I love to grill, but it is so much cheaper to make pasta!