Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Library

I went to the library today and found out that SF has a huge one. It is very modern too. We have self-checkout for the books!! No more standing there while the mean old library lady takes that little card out of the back and stamps it.

Anyway, this is another way to SAVE. I took 3 books out and if I bought them at Borders, it would have cost me about $15 a piece. The library is on my bus route too so I just have to hop off, get my books, and get back on the bus to get home.

Also, on my way home from the library, I saw an interesting character on the bus. She was an old woman probably in her 70's. She had on a furry leopard print coat, her hair was frizzed UP, and she put her lipstick on all by herself - it was all around her lips. You know what I mean? Like how you put it on when you were 5? I know, I know - it is mean to say, she is old. But, it was a sight.

2 comments:

Moonlady said...

When the kids were in grammar school, I volunteered at the Library (I have always loved books) - but now I'm wondering if the kids thought I was a 'mean old library lady' ... LOL

Heather M said...

There was one mean lady at the Milford Library that everyone knew. That is the only mean one I know but of course she sticks in my mind