Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cha cha cha

Well about once a month, Evie gets sick. I don't know if she steps in something or eats something or what. So, today she is quiet and laying around. I knew she was sick. We went out side around 630 and she had diarrhea & puked. She puked a huge pile. Then, she looked like a drunk. She was like swaggering around as she lined up to puke again. It was gross. After it all came out, she was fine. She wanted to run around & play. Then, we got home & she wanted to go to bed. At least we have Flagyll on hand for this problem!

Anyway, my camera decided to stop working 1 day before Seattle. It is a Canon power shot A560. Well, I went online to see how I could fix this 'lens error'. There are so many message boards about how to fix your camera. I found some funny advice that I am going to try:

  • On my Canon powershotSD600 lightly slammed it against a tv remote control and the lens finally popped out! I m so thankful! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I used tweezers to pull the lens out while trying to pwer on and the came free. Now the camera operates as expected with no issues
  • Hit the mini-usb port against the table (gently) did the work. The camera works fine now.
  • I used a combination of Katie's solution (holding the camera parallel to the floor, lens facing up, and physically twisting (but carefully!) the lens rings while turning the unit on. It took over a dozen power-ons, but each time the lens body was able to extend slightly further out and the lens cover would open a little more. I also shot some compressed air into the body (from a air can for PC cleaning) AND did all of this while in a hot/moist bathroom.
  • What i learned is to adjust the normal state of lenses and to push it a little bit until it fits.
    I used a knife to make the aluminum cover of the lenses to fit in.
  • my camera has worked since i smacked it 25 to 30 times on a soft fridge magnet strip.
    i hit it on the lower right corner looking from the back of the camera.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you looked into sending it to Canon to be fixed? We have done that with both of our canons. They have been great both times, the company and the camera :)
It may even still be under warranty, which means they fix it for free!