Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

We woke bright & early on Friday, July 1st to make our 7am flight out of SFO. I was excited to fly out of Terminal 2 because it was just re-done and there were new restaurants & shops there.


First we made it thru security but I had to tease Erik about taking a long time.

We stopped at this Napa Market for coffee. Within the shop there was a Tyler Florence restaurant and a wine & olive oil shop.





Cat Cora has a place in there, too!

There was also a great candy store, but it was a little early to eat candy.

There was also a great bookstore that I wandered around in, finding books to put on my reading list!

Unfortunately, our flight was delayed and we left an hour later. We arrived in Chicago around 2pm and we hopped on a bus to take us to the Milwaukee airport. When we arrived at MKE, Kimmy, Kaitlin, and their boyfriends were there to pick us up. We went directly to...The Lakefront Brewery!


We went on a tour of the brewery. To kick off the tour, we each got a little tasting cup to have tastes along the way. One beer I really liked was:





We had a really funny tour guide named Mark who was great!


The brewery was right on the lake in a great location!


Erik & I outside the brewery. It was wiiindy by the time we got out of the tour.


Chris & Kaitlin

After the brewery tour, we went to a local spot for dinner, Culver's. We had to try Cheese Curds! I would explain them as fried mozzarella cheese nuggets but I'm sure I am disgracing the state of WI by saying that. Yummy!

After that, we made the 1.5 hour trek to the lake! We made it & it was so great to see everyone. We were tired & ready to crash but excited to start our vacation!

No comments: