Saturday, July 16, 2011

Evie's Big Day at the Office

Our office is dog friendly and for three months now, my co-workers have been telling me to bring Evie in. Of course, I have said "Absolutely Not" but this week, I thought, why not try it? I was inspired by this quote:

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
--Bill Cosby

I am still nervous to bring Evie around new people because I know how she MAY act. However, I would love it if she could come to work with me and so I decided to not be afraid of how she MIGHT act and just do it.


I brought her in on Friday, since we get out at 2pm for Summer Fridays. Also, three people were out of the office so the less people for her to meet, the better. We drove into work and took the elevator up to the office. Riding the elevator was a first for Evie and it was hilarious! She crouched on the ground & was scared. hah

We came into the office & she was amped up. I got her excited to see everyone so we went around to see everyone. She loved it! She was letting everyone pet her and said hello to everybody!


We went into my office & put up the baby gate for her. What she did NOT like was my co-worker coming over and saying Hi over the fence. She barked at him but as soon as I brought her outside of the office to say hi, she was fine. So, I'm sure it was something to do with him coming into her space or something. BUT, then we had a meeting and she came, and she barked at my other coworker for no reason. So, we had to keep my office door closed all day.

Everyone was really great about her being there. We came out a few times to see everyone and she was licking my boss' face which was hilarious. They know she is a rescue & in a new place. They were all asking for her to come back. However, I think she was bored, on alert all day, and more of a pain for me to have to watch her every move than a nice addition to the day. She is probably going to be much happier at camp than with me. But, we tried it! And, it wasn't a total disaster!!

We took a nice walk during lunch. Oops - it says no pets allowed in the park! It's Ok. we strolled through on our way to Levi Plaza.

Walton Square is in the Financial District/Jackson Square area of SF. It is a cute, little park nestled in between some corporate buildings.

There are some fun sculptures in the park, too!





Giant Cacti?

I love the walkways and water in Levi Plaza park! It's so quiet, too.


There is a great brook that runs through the park. Evie wanted to go in the water but was too chicken.

Great view of Coit Tower from Levi Plaza

After our stroll, it was almost time to leave work. Evie was anxious to get going & probably tired of laying in the office. We headed home where she promptly got on the couch & passed out.



Later in the afternoon, we did some errands to the grocery store, dry cleaner, bank, and Office Depot. I am finally going to get the Save the Date cards out this weekend, hopefully!

When Erik came home, we went to the Bean Bag Cafe for a beer and then came home to eat pizza we ordered. Great start to the weekend!

No comments: