Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Running in the Fog

Over the past two months, I have fell off the workout wagon. I was really inspired by Kristine's motivation for running. She is a Mom with two young boys, who gets up at 5am to run before getting herself & the boys ready for the day. If that doesn't kick you in the pants to get up & go, I don't know what will!

I am also really inspired by runners that I read about in Runner's World who are 75 and running marathons, lost a leg & do races, or cancer survivors. As the great Billie Jean King said, "Pressure is a Privlege" well so is running & working out. There are a lot of people who can't work out so if you can, why give that up?

So, I have a goal of running a 10k this year & found one in October. I was doing well with running & doing 5Ks but honestly, you don't need to train for a 5K. Its 3miles. So, the whole training part started to come apart as I realized I could go out and get thru the race without running or working out. That does not mean I was winning the race, by any means, but I wasn't scared of it enough to practice. A 10K, I will need to train.

Therefore, I got up this AM and went for a short run. It was foggy and around 60 degrees. I know the rest of the country is in a heat wave and here I was in leggings and a sweatshirt.

Yes, the city literally looks like this in the fog. This AM, there was a light mist that was all around and it makes your hair damp. It's like being on a Ghost Ship. haha

Anyway, hoping that making a plan & signing up for a race will keep me going!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey! Ok, so I just left a comment on your "Sweatin' for Sammy" post. I'm Jenny, mama to the lil' Sammy. Anyway, just wanted to make sure you saw the comment...I SO appreciate and thank you thank you thank you for coming all the way down for her. What a day that was! Just today, I was at the gym wearing my Sweatin for Sammy t-shirt and I saw someone else wearing it too. It was a pretty cool feeling. I, of course, talked to her. It was fun. It's incredible seeing (and coming across blogs) of people who became apart of Sammy's life -- and ours -- on that day. Anyway. Thank you! Keep running!!

Krissy said...

awe thanks for the shout out Heather! It is hard work but you feel so great after it, keep it up!

Heather M said...

Jenny - We had a great time, we all had just NEVER done a trail run before!! So glad that funds were raised to help Sammy & hope things are going well!