Sunday, June 1, 2008

Airport Woes

I am back from Ohio. The wedding was great and I have pictures to post, too. The dress was comfortable & the bridesmaids were nice! The weather was awesome too - sunny & warm.

As for the airport, I made a few observations I wanted to share:

1. People who don't know how to use the check-in kiosks annoy me. Maybe they shouldn't. Maybe I should think - They are older, they probably don't travel much, its new technology, etc. However, it gives you step by step instructions!! It is supposed to make checking in quicker but it makes things longer when people stand there and dont know what they are doing.

2. I flew Northwest which is now charging for 2nd checked bag(but I didn't even check so that was fine) AND they do not accept any bag over 70lbs even if you pay for it! Get ready to start paying for the 1st checked bag on some airlines.

3. Northwest charges you to move your seat if you try to change your seat at check in.

4. I hate that food is so much more expensive at the airport. They know you have to eat. You are trapped so they charge more. I paid almost $8 for a Meal Deal at Subway that I would normally pay $3 for. Oh well. They had Dr. Pepper on tap so that made up for it.

5. The Minneapolis airport is nice and huge and has tons of stores and great book stores.

6. I always like to bring my own blanket on a plane if I know I am going to sleep. I would never touch one of the blankets they pass out on the plane, even if they do sanitize them. Yech. I did think it was funny that on my way home today, there was an empty middle seat in my row. So I was all sorts of stretched out sleeping as if I was on my own couch.

Anyway, nothing too crazy. The flights were fine. I am back in SF and when I got home this AM it was only Noon. I love flying East to West.

No comments: