Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Super Sister Day in NY

Last Wednesday, Kimmy & I went to NYC together. We had SO much fun.

First up - Empire State Building. Can you believe I've never been? Beautiful views. Freezing on top at the 86th Floor.











Then, onto John's Pizza!! So good.

Then, onto the main event......our 2nd time seeing HAIR. We had awesome, aisle seats in the orchestra. The show was better the second time around. PLUS, since we were on the aisle, the actors came right up to us. I got a kiss on the cheek. Kimmy got a hug from Kacie Shiek. The ultimate part of the show was at the end. After they bow, they invite you up to dance with them to Let the Sun Shine In. OMG. We RAN to the stage. It was amazing. We got on Broadway! One of the actors grabbed us and we were all singing together. I mean, it was just so great. I can die happy now. Afterwards, we waited at the stage door to meet our Broadway boyfriends:

Pre show - getting excited


pre show looking crazy


Pre Show - Feeling the 60s love



Shot of the stage when we were on it!! Let the Sun Shine

Kimmys imposter BB#1 - Gavin Creel is real BB #1

Kimmys BB #2


My BB #1!!! Steel Burkhardt

Broadway Boyfriend #2 - Darius Nichols


My imposter BB #3 - Gavin Creel normally plays Claude but this guy Jay played him & did a great job.

After we came down from the clouds of being on Broadway, we met our BFF Jess & Fang at Dempseys for happy hour. Then, we went to an amazing dinner at Paul & JImmys. A friends boyfriends family owns the restaurant and it was delish. Cute little italian place in the east village. I had exactly what I wanted - penne vodka, a huge glass or red wine, and a canoli. Everyone's meals were perfect.

Then, we took the train home and dreamt of Hair and canolis. haha.

No comments: