Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday so far

Remember last week when I thought Evie had giardia? Well it was because she had pooped in the kitchen. She ONLY does it when she has it. But, then Erik said she ate tofu so I thought it was an isolated incident. I always talk about listening to your intuition so I should've listened to mine. She has not had the greatest poops all week and wasn't getting better.


This is her this AM passed out on the couch with her nose jammed into my leg.

This AM, I woke up to the smell of poop. I knew she had pooped in the kitchen. Yep, I was right. Of course today, the vet did not have any appts so we had to do walk-in which is $$$. Of course, they gave us flagyll for her giardia. :-( Thank goodness we have the pet insurance!

Here she is at the vet. You cant see it but she was shaking like a leaf. She also barked at the vet. Now I will have to get her a muzzle to go to the vet. She used to be SO good. The turning point was when she had that surgery back in the spring. Now, she starts shaking in the car and is going to be selective on which vet she gets.

I was studying the dog anatomy on a poster in the room today while we waited. I learned that dogs do have 'knees' but they are right above where their foot starts. You know how their foot bends backwards, its b/c their knee joint allows it. strange.

Anyway, we are home. Cleaning & laundry. I think I gave Erik my sickness because he is alseep on the couch & doesnt feel well. Evie is passed out with him.

No comments: