Tuesday, August 25, 2009

City Life

I get why people leave city living for a quieter, more simple life. It's too much sometimes. There is always something going on, something to see, a new place to eat, shop, etc. It's hard because you want to do everything but your wallet thinks otherwise. It's like sensory overload sometimes. I know why people move east to the suburbs - to have a quieter life but be close enough to the city to enjoy it on their own terms. City living is exhausting.

We are holding out for right now. My school is south of the city so moving out of the city makes no sense right now. Plus my job is in the city. I guess ideally, we move depending on if I get into school (which I cannot even apply to for another year or so!) Plus moving south is like living in the fog. Its worse down there - its gray, thick, foggy. Gross. Erik loves living in the city but I wonder if he will get tired of it, too.

I guess this semester is going to be hard so I will not be able to do a ton of things anyway so that is my break from the craziness of the city. I want to live in NY before I die but I think I would choose Brooklyn over manhattan in an instant.

No comments: