Friday, August 21, 2009

My Sisters Keeper


I am currently reading My Sisters Keeper. I cannot put it down. Seriously, it drew me in during page one and that was it. I haven't read any of Jodi Piccoult's books. I know some people are die hard followers but this was my first book I read of hers. I know the movie came out but wanted to read the book. It is really good but I know the 2nd half of the book will be moral questioning and reading about tough situations.

For those of you who do not know, the book is about a family with a daughter who has leukemia. They had a 2nd daughter and did genetic changing(?) to her so that she would have the same cells as her sister so that she could be a blood/marrow/organ donor to her sister. Once the 2nd daughter turns 13, she realizes she does not want to be this involuntary donor to her sister anymore - now what?

I hope you like it as much as I do!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

great book! movie, OK.