Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend

Well, this weekend was fun & relaxing. Taralyn got in on Thursday & sadly, I had to go to class. Friday we got our nails done & had lunch at our fave local place, The Grind. We went to a pizza place I wanted to try, Delfina.

On Saturday, we tried something new for wine & went south. We went to Cupertino & Saratoga. It was so hot here - 90 IN the city. That is unheard of. No one knows how to handle that type of heat. We dont have AC and it is never that hot. Anyway, we went to Pichetti Winery and had a picnic lunch.





Then, we stopped at Carvel. Then, onto Cooper Garrod. They had a huge horse stable, too. Of course, I had to go and bother the horses. I think they wanted me to pet them, or they wanted to bite me. I was reminded how when I was younger and camping with my family & I wanted to pet the goats. My mom said no, you'll get bit. However, I did want I wanted to. I was singing to the goats & got bit. So, I didnt pet the horses.





After wine and ice cream, we went back to SF and wanted to try a mexican place we had seen on a local TV show - El Tonayense. It was awesome & so cheap. 2 tacos and a beer for $7.50! How crazy is that.

On Sunday, we walked over the GG Bridge. After it was so hot on Sat, it was back to normal 60 degrees and foggy for the bridge walk. Got some cool pics though.







Then, we went to the Giants game where it warmed up and got sunny. Plus, the giants won so that is always fun.



Now onto a 3 day work week! woohoo!

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

I'm famous!!!

Glad I came even if I did nap for most of it. Looking forward to the next one - have fun at home this weekend.