Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

On Sunday, we relaxed, did some errands, and had our lobster dinner! Ironically, we went to Target and Home Depot on Sunday. Erik joked that he was doing 'Dad Duties' like going to Home Depot. ha! I also picked up some cute summer dresses at Old Navy for about $10 a piece. Yippee!

We had a lobster dinner on Sunday because my family has been doing this for years! Check out this funny photo of us on a Father's Day in the 80's:




For our dinner, we had lobsters, corn, brussel sprouts, and salad. Erik also made homemade strawberry ice cream!

The strawberries soaking in sugar waiting to become ice cream!

Lobster ready to eat. I have eaten lobsters for so long & haven't really thought about it. However, now I feel bad. I mean, ripping the legs off and everything just seems barbaric. I don't eat certain meats because of how it is killed so why would kill this and rip it apart? I don't know...

You guys are going to die over why we needed this hammer. We realized too late that we did not have any lobster cracking kits!! So, we used what we had which was a hammer. Simply wrap the claw in a towel & bang the hammer. Worked great! haha



Here's Erik sucking on a leg and drinking his homebrew

I'd say Evie is sitting here looking pitiful waiting for scraps but we all know she was really wishing I would hand the lobster tail over to her. She, of course, got some nice bites of lobster. The life this dog leads, I swear!!


Clean up time....

The aftermath!

The dinner was delicious plus, we had the strawberry ice cream for dessert. It was a fun, relaxing weekend! Wish we could have been with our Dad's in CT though!

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

Love the old pic!