Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Knitting

I have wanted to learn to knit or crochet forever. I tried to learn through my Mom but got mad that I couldn't do it and quit. I tried again on my own last winter by watching how to videos on You Tube but that didn't work either.

There is a yarn shop near our house which has classes. You can do a series of 4 classes to learn to knit. Erik's mom makes blankets that are so beautiful and I wish I could make blankets. I would make them and donate them to charities for kids or babies so they had blankets.

Once I learn to knit, I can join one of those 'Stitch and Bitch' groups where the ladies sit around and knit and chat. Actually, there are a lot of these knitting groups on
Meetup.com

3 comments:

KMV said...

I asked mommy last weekend to show me how to crochet, so I can teach Jen,and Jen is going to teach me to knit!
who knew we'd do that one day .. we are getting OLD.
I want blankets like the ones you have.

Moonlady said...

I learned to Knit and crochet when I was much younger (before I was 10). I stuck to crochet because it takes less time to see results. Good luck and let me know how you make out.
PS - any knit and bitch clubs in our area??

Heather M said...

Yes - Here are stich & bitch in CT

http://crochet.meetup.com/cities/us/ct/milford/