Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday

I had to blog about something so that I wouldn't see those ugly baby dolls when I went to the site. I think I need like 10 posts to get them off the first page of the site because I posted so many of them.

Last night, I made this gross dinner. Now, I like to cook but I will admit when it sucks. Last night - it sucked. It was a recipe from Women's Health mag - white bean salad with quinoa. I had to chop up zuccinni, red peppers, garlic, scallions, and cook it all with white beans. Then mix it with quinoa. It was so dry & tasted like nothing. It needed a sauce or something on it. Or cheese. I find cheese fixes most recipe problems.

So, I had peanut butter & Jelly and it tasted great. Much better than the dry bean salad. Ick!

3 comments:

Moonlady said...

here's a dumb question -- did you cook the quinoa?
It's a grain that needs to be cooked -- I've made it a few times and cooked it in chicken broth. It's very good and an excellent source of protein if you're not big on meat.

Heather M said...

Yes, I cooked the quinoa and it still was dry and yuck!

erik said...

You can just delete the post turkey