Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strategic Bus Standing

If on those unfortunate days when I have to stand on the bus, I try to place myself strategically. I try to guess where people get off to see where I will get a seat first. For instance, the big stops are Fillmore St where people take to work in the Mission, Civic Center for all of the government people, and then downtown where the majority of people work. This morning, I got so lucky and stood next to a guy who got off one stop after I got on. Score!

It's sometimes hard to play this strategy game though when its packed and the bus driver is yelling, Move Back.

I get very annoyed when people choose a spot where they want to stand & refuse to move. Even if the bus is getting really full, they won't move. Then, you have to squish past them & give them a dirty look. NOte: I do NOT do this. I move and forgo the strategy game.

No comments: