Friday, July 11, 2008

Evie Got In Trouble

This morning, Evie got in trouble in the park. Now, everyone should know that Evie 1)loves loves loves to meet other dogs and play with them. She loves to run and chase her dog friends. 2)She cannot be off leash like most dogs because she does not come back when she is called.

Although she cannot be off leash, there are a few dogs that I can drop her short leash and she can play with such as Maybelle.

This morning, her and Maybelle were running around playing. This guy started walking down the path with two dogs that looked like Scottie dogs. Before he even gets to us, he starts to pick his dogs up. But he is picking them up by the leash so they are dangling by their necks. Evie sees this & runs over and jumps up on the guy. The guy starts yelling 'No, No, No'.

Couple things - Evie probably just wanted to say hello. She probably was wondering what the heck was going on with these dogs hanging by their necks. Then, she probably freaked out that the guy was yelling. I went over, grabbed her & we walked away.

I said I was sorry, she just wants to play. The guy was like - this is ridiculous or whatever he said. Then, he walked off. I've never seen this guy or his dogs before. I was mad that Evie ran over but also mad that I didn't recognize that she would run off(because normally she stays with us and Maybelle). But, I was also pissed that the guy had a heart attack. Evie did not hurt him or the dogs. She wasn't barking or biting. I really think this was a case of people who are scared of Pit bulls (since she is clearly part Pit). If he just walked his dogs like a normal freaking person, she would have ignored him!

Anyway - I will get over it. And, be extra careful about her running around. And, probably get more serious about her recall training.

No comments: