Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Evie's Infection

Well, what a day. Remember yesterday, Erik said Evie was limping? Well, when I came home, she was fast asleep and wouldn't get off the couch. She was barely opening her eyes & didn't want to go out for the bathroom. She did eat dinner. I never see her this tired. Erik said she was like that all day so I knew something was wrong.

This AM, she was limping when we went outside. She saw her pal Wasabi and hardly played with her. Then, her bite area started to leak something that looked like cloudy blood which I know means there is pus mixed in there. Gross.

We went to emergency vet and the Vet said there was a good chance she had an abscess under the skin due to bacteria from the other dog's mouth. So, I had to leave her there. They had to sedate her, make 2 holes in her leg, to drain the fluid. I picked her up later in the day. She ran out to me which means she was feeling better! Unfortunately, this wound drainage set up is leaking - which is good. We are getting the drain thing removed on Saturday....

It is ALWAYS something with her. This is why I am getting PET INSURANCE for sure!!!

Ok - here is a pic of her injury if you can handle it!