Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday


Well, Evie seems to be Ok. The bite holes closed up last night. I didn't sleep that well. I was worried about her. She got off the bed and was laying next to the bed and then whining to come back up. I wanted to make sure she was comfortable & not in pain....

I am still really upset about this whole thing. I feel like I was not watching out for her well enough or something. And, I couldn't get her out of the situation. I was talking to this girl Michele who was at the vet & shelter when Evie came in & rehabilitated her. She said that sometimes, you just cannot see the signs that a dog will do something like that. There are obvious signs like stiff body, hackles up, etc. But, they go from rolling around to biting in an instant.

I feel like I don't know who to trust out there in the park anymore. Maybe she can play with Wasabi and that's it. I don't know....We are going to just chill in one of the other parks for a few days to calm down & just regroup. I'm sure she will bounce back from this sooner than I will.

No comments: