Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Handle With Care


I just finished the book, Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult. Here is the synopsis:

When Charlotte and Sean O’Keefe’s daughter, Willow, is born with severe osteogenesis imperfecta, they are devastated – she will suffer hundreds of broken bones as she grows, a lifetime of pain. As the family struggles to make ends meet to cover Willow’s medical expenses, Charlotte thinks she has found an answer. If she files a wrongful birth lawsuit against her ob/gyn for not telling her in advance that her child would be born severely disabled, the monetary payouts might ensure a lifetime of care for Willow. But it means that Charlotte has to get up in a court of law and say in public that she would have terminated the pregnancy if she’d known about the disability in advance – words that her husband can’t abide, that Willow will hear, and that Charlotte cannot reconcile. And the ob/gyn she’s suing isn’t just her physician – it’s her best friend.

My thoughts - This was my 2nd Jodi Picoult book. I loved My Sisters Keeper. I thought this book was too much like Sister's. It was mostly about the lawsuit and it dragged. It was a long book and I felt like the author was just repeating herself over & over. This is only my 2nd Picoult book but die hard fans tell me that all of her books are the same. Even though this was only 2nd book, I can tell you it was very similar to the first. However, I would try more books. Maybe others are more attention grabbing. I do not really recommend this book. It dragged, was a little boring, and of course, had twist at the end that I predicted mid-way thru the book.


1 comment:

Taralyn said...

I mentioned it but I'll reiterate - my first was Nineteen Minutes. I recommend it.