Saturday, May 1, 2010

Anne Frank

Last night, Lisa & I went to dinner and then to see the Anne Frank play. Dinner was good. We tried out this little sushi place near the theatre. It was good & cheap! Then, we went to the show. The "theatre" is in a building that is also a church. So, we thought that was a little strange. When we came in, they had us sit in this room.

We were laughing and thought, is this really where they are going to do the play? There's no space for them to act w/ all of these chairs. Wait, they are jewish. I dont remember an alter in the attic. haha. Then, they moved us to the 'theatre' which was super tiny.


We also had a 'glass' of wine.

Also, guess what - Anne's father was played by a Black man. Ummmm. Anyone else think that is weird!?


Unfortunately, the play was not very good. "Anne" did a good job but it was boring. I felt like we were in someone's basement watching them put on a little play. We left at intermission. OH well. We tried something different.

This does remind me of the time I thought it was a good idea to go to a Renaissance Fair. Kimmy and I walked in and were in total shock at everyone in their outfits & dialect. haha

No comments: