Saturday, November 20, 2010

Book Review: Harry Potter 3

I finished Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban yesterday. This book was just OK for me. I felt there were a lot of unanswered questions throughout the whole book (like Hermione's schedule!) and it sort of dragged. Then, everything wrapped up in a few pages. It was a long story for a quick payoff.

I thought it was pretty cool when we figured out what was going on with Hermione and how it helped everyone in the end. I like the books because in each one, we learn more about Harry's parents & what happened to them.

I'm going to watch the movie of this one today. I also have Book 4 to read! I couldn't believe all of the people that were dressed up the other day for the premiere of Harry Potter 7. I knew people dressed up as the characters but I also saw grown men dressed in clothes that were subtely HP. A guy had on a soccer jacket that said Hogwarts on the back!

I do think it is really cool how this series of books has brought, basically, The entire world together. I was reading on the bus & a girl asked me what book I was on, if I had read these before, etc. It's something that millions of people have read & can connect through. That theme park at Disney has to be awesome, as well. Out of all of the make believe stuff out there, theme parks like that rarely get made. That has to be so fun for people to go to. And yes, Im sure I will end up there one day, too. (Kimmy, TL - Trip to Disney???) :-)

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

Books 1-4 are definitely for children, although they get progessively less "childish". After that, it's so much less of a children's book series.

The craziest thing about this series is that you may think you've got it figured out, but then she invents something you didn't know existed (i.e. the time turner in this book and other things that I won't spoil for you).

I was at the midnight showing, but I didn't dress up. Too late at night for that kind of effort!

Already have plans to go to HPworld in FL, but I will definitely be up for it more than once!!!