Friday, November 5, 2010

Yosemite

In about a week or so, Erik & I will have been out here in SF for THREE years. Can you believe it? Since being out here, I have done a LOT. I've run through the Redwood Forest, seen the Hollywood Walk of Fame, drank wine in Napa, Sonoma & Santa Barbara, been to snowy Lake Tahoe, partied in San Diego, visited the desert of Palm Springs, and seen the muscle men of Venice Beach. One thing we haven't done yet is....Yosemite!

For anyone who knows me, I am not a camper. Erik loves it. I have told him that I would go camping for one or two nights. I definitely want to experience Yosemite and so I would camp while there. Yosemite has been on our list of 'To -Visit' but it recently came to the forefront again when I saw Oprah go there!

It was a pretty funny show of her & her BFF Gayle went camping in Yosemite. They camped in a pop-up trailer, hiked, rode mules, and went fly fishing. It was only for two days but they saw some awesome sights & had a great time.

So, I think we are going to plan a trip to go this summer. Apparently the sites fill up fast so you can reserve your spot for the summer, in the winter! Should be quite the adventure!!

No comments: