Monday, November 1, 2010

Book Review: Harry Potter


Well, I have sworn I would never read Harry Potter. This is not my type of book nor did I care to give into the hysteria that is Harry Potter. I finished my book and wanted something to read on the plane so I took Harry Pottery & the Sorcerer's Stone from my Mom. I finished it during my flights!

Harry is pretty cute. I felt bad for him that he didn't know he was a wizard and that he had to live with his family that was mean to him. He does like to get himself in trouble though! The first book was interesting & a quick read. I took the second book, too. I will read that one this week. I think I might watch the first movie, too.

Don't think I will be showing up in Harry glasses to any movies anytime soon but I will admit the book was cute.

1 comment:

Kittie Flyn said...

I have to admit I'm a Harry Potter fan. I waited in line for books 5 - 7 when they were released. I read the series from start to finish about once a year. But I also read Little Women and Anne of Green Gables several times a year as well so I wouldn't say that I'm more over the top for the Harry Potter books.

The one phenomenon I can't get into is the Twilight series. I tired to read the first book three times and failed. I have no desire to the movies either. It's so weird to hear about grown women who stalk the actors in the Twilight movies. It's funny to see how it's spawned into a cultural 'snowball' if you will with "True Blood" and a variety of other vampire themed books, movies and shows.