Monday, March 2, 2009

Books


I read 1/2 of the Zookeeper's Wife. It is set in WWII in Poland and is about a couple that owns a zoo. Once the war starts, they begin hiding Jews in their zoo. They are not Jewish but helped a lot of Jews escape. The problem with this book is that it is written in the 3rd person. I like books written in the first person. I loved Anne Frank. I felt connected to her as she told the story. This book is told based on diaires, intereviews, etc. It almost seems like the author was so worried about misinterpreting the 'data' she had that she was overcautious in telling the story. The problem with that was that you didn't get to really understand the characters.

I am now reading 'Here's The Story' by Maureen McCormick aka Marcia Brady. It is her autobiography & it is so good. Did you know after the Brady Bunch, she became a coke addict? Unreal. It is a quick read and a good story.

No comments: