Friday, March 6, 2009

MOLD

Ok everyone, this is gross. Here we go.

So, my closet is actually in the bathroom since its larger than the one in the bedroom. Fine.
Our bathroom doesn't have a fan. Fine.
I store clothes, shoes, bags in the closet in the bathroom. Fine.

Well, one of my canvas bags filled with wintery items like mittens fell down off the top shelf. So, I got the stool out last night & climbed up to put the bag up. But, wait a minute. What are those little black dots on the bag....it smells musty...it's MOLD.

Holy crap. I pulled out all of the other canvas bags up there(why do i have so many) and checked them all. A backback bottom was covered in mold. GROSS. The Vera Bradley bags smell musty. I threw out probably 5 bags. The rest got strewn across the living room and sprayed with Lysol.

No more bags in the closet. Actually, I am giving away and/or selling 1/2 of them because if they are shoved up in the closet, I don't use them or need them!! Impromptu cleaning out of stuff. Oh and this happened at like 1030pm last night. So, when Erik got home at 12, I was up & going crazy cleaning.

2 comments:

JeanineIrene said...

FYI - I tossed a VB bag in the washer and it didn't do any damage. You could probably do that to get rid of the mold off of those.

Betsy said...

I think you can get a de-humidifier at Ace Hardware in laurel village. They have a small one that is made for closets. We have had mold problems too, it's so nasty!