Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Locked Out



Ask me what I did last night from 9-930pm. Ok, I'll tell you. I was doing laundry when something happened. As I was walking down the stairs, I heard a loud bang. I ran back up only to find Evie on her leash sitting on the back porch and the back door shut. Uh oh. Evie. No, you didn't!

Yes, she did.

She was on her leash because it's easier to grab her when she is on a leash and going crazy. The leash had 2 little knots in it. She tried to follow me outside to do the laundry, the knot got caught on the door, and slammed it shut. The lock on the door handle was locked so we were LOCKED OUT.

I only had the dog, quarters, and dryer sheets with me. I knocked on our neighbors door and she let me use her phone to call Erik. Thankfully, he biked home and let us in. The funniest thing was sitting there & waiting for Evie. She actually sat there, staring at the back door & started to whimper. I was like, listen girl - you are the one who got us into this mess(b/c yes, I talk to her like she is human). So, we sat there and used one of Erik's socks as a toy until he came home.

It is always something with her!!

No comments: