Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

Hello Thursday. Yesterday, Evie and I spent over an hour outside. She was lucky enough to see Wasabii and then met a new dog, Marley. Marley is a 9 mo old bulldog who is full of energy and so adorable. I did chores last night like ALL of the laundry and dishes. Evie was so tired that at 10pm, she put herself to bed. So, I went to bed to read and was out by 1030. It was so easy getting up to run today since I went to bed early.

I am currently reading, Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld. She wrote Prep, which I loved. MOMD is pretty similar. The main character is excruciatingly socially inept. She has low self esteem, grew up with an angry father whom she no longer speaks to but finds that she is turning out to be just like him. She is a late bloomer in terms of boys & pines for her cousin's boyfriend. She doesnt' feel good enough for any guy. I am about 75% done with the book so I want to see what will happen to her. Will she change!? If you liked Prep, I recommend this one. It's a fast read - 3 or 4 days & I am done.

No comments: