Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DIY

I am working on a little DIY project with the help of my Mom. We have about a foot of space between the top of our cabinets & the ceiling in the kitchen. We have stuff up there like cookbooks, a cupcake holder, etc. It looks messy so I want to make a curtain to cover the areas.

Tonight, Evie & I went down to JoAnn Fabrics. I thought I was going to get a tan design fabric to blend in with the kitchen walls. But, I really loved this navy fabric with small white polka dots. So, my Mom is going to make the curtains out of this. And, they will be trimmed with kelly green ribbon. I will have to take pics to show you before & after.



However, now that the storage curtains are going up. I want everything to be navy & kelly green in the kitchen! Macy's is having that huge home sale. Crate & Barrel is too. I would love to get new plates and silverware(considering our silverware is hand me down & mix/match)


Then, I need navy or kelly green oven mitts and dish towels.

Won't that be so cute!?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOVE those colors. I am doing that theme in one of our spare bedrooms/bathrooms. Light green, Pink, and Navy.