Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sad

This is a few weeks of bad things, I think. I mean Patrick Swayze dies, I see that accident where the 24 year old dies, and now, I just heard of another imminent death. I have to say that friends come from all walks of life somehow and can be categorized in different ways. My 'friend' Harry is the owner of Evie's BFF, Wasabii. His wife was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year. Unfortunately, it was already at stage 3. She has been going through treatments and doing OK. We saw her a few times out with him walking the dog. The past couple months, we haven't seen them so much. When I don't hear from them or see them for awhile, I think something is wrong.

This time, there is. Harry's wife, Lee, is now at the stage where she is not responding to the medicine for her cancer anymore. They are moving her to opiates to help her with the pain but ultimately, preparing her to die. Their families are both here and the doctors have told them they do not know much longer she has - days, weeks?

Although I couldn't tell you Harry & Lee's last name, we know alot about each other. We see each other lot and spend time with the dogs in the park. It's like going out with your friend for a drink for an hour twice a week, except we just stand in the park! When he told me the news, he started to cry. Which in turn, I did too. What do you say to someone who's wife is about to die?
Well, I am not very religious but keep them in your thoughts and pray that he has the strength to get through all of this.

No comments: