Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Napa Camp

I have been thinking of sending Evie to a new camp, Camp Rawhide, up in Napa. This will make it easier for us to bring her up there with us when we go for the day. I sent in the paperwork to the camp & am planning on bringing her up on Friday.

Something is not sitting right with us about this place. I said that to Erik & he said, me too. I don't know what it is. I think it is the mixed reviews I saw online. The fact that our current camp has never heard of them. The fact that she is comfortable at her camp & I don't want her to have a bad experience at a new place and then hate the current camp. So, I do not think I am going to send her. If we are both feeling like this, then I all I will do is worry.

Another thing I am worried about is that our friends Tara & Erik are coming out in about a week. I am not sure how Evie will react to them. I just learned from her camp that she is very nervous around new staff. She barks/jumps/growls at them. They have the new staffer stand still while she does all of that & then she is fine. She is just extremely uncomfortable & then is fine.

I've seen her do it here with Erik's family - she shakes, sticks by me, and we all know she barked/growled at Erik's Mom. I am talking to the trainer at her camp to see what we can do.

No comments: