Friday, April 8, 2011

Book Review: Pictures of You

I was reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close and honestly, it is a hard book to read. I am not giving up on it yet but I put it down to read something else.

Based on a recommendation, I read 'Pictures of You'. It's the story of two women who are strangers to one another & get in a car crash. One dies, but her son lives and the other woman lives.

The surviving woman is drawn to learn more about the surviving son & his father. They all live in the same town and she begins to try to find out more about the family.

At the same time, the Father is trying to find out what happened to his wife & if she was living a secret life.

This book was an easy read but I really didn't care for it. The story wasn't that compelling and I didn't think it was a 'mystery' like Amazon will tell you it is. I thought that key info was revealed in chunks and it made for an awkward read. With all of the great books out there, you can probably skip this one!

No comments: