Sunday, April 24, 2011

Zippy 5K

As I mentioned the other day, I ran a 5K today. The race started at the Conservatory of Flowers, we ran around Stowe Lake, and finished at the Conservatory. The weather stunk! It was raining as I walked up to get my race bib. Thankfully, due to all of my walks with Evie, I know that the trees in Golden Gate Park make for a nice umbrella to stay dry before the run. During the run, the rain let up but it was misty the entire race.

Anyway, the race is called the Zippy 5K and apparently, you are supposed to chase 'Zippy' aka this Conehead guy.

There was no chasing anything for me. A 5K is a fast race. Most runners put the pedal to the metal and go. I don't put the gas pedal on until I see the finish line. haha. I am pretty proud of myself for running the entire race, not stopping to walk once. This is my first race in over a year so I was just happy to get out there & feel that race environment again. My goal is to work up to a 10K in June.

Here is a picture of the soggy finish line.


Yay! Finished in about 36 minutes!

Strange enough, we all received a bottle of olive oil at the end of the race. ha. I also got some water powder & a Larabar. I didn't sign up to get a t-shirt because I have so many of them & don't need anymore.

Next Race:

Mother's Day Marina Green 5K

No comments: