Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Running....

There is something that I like about doing things from different states that makes you feel like you are all together. For example, when I had my cross-country cookie swap in December. Everyone baked and shipped cookies to each other. Since we all can't be together in the same state, we had a swap anyway from thousands of miles away.

This time, Kimmy & I are running races together, from 3000 miles apart. We started last month where we each run and pick a race to run on the same day(or around the same time). Then, we run the race "together". It's fun because we both have the same goal - to complete the upcoming race.

I haven't really been doing so hot on the regular running thing. I have been going out a few times a week. I have my first 5K on Sunday - the Zippy 5K. I have not run a race in ages...the last one I can remember is a Turkey Trot in November 2009. And, I checked the 2010 results for this race and all of the women finished in like 25 min! What the heck! I am either going to run like crazy to keep up or just finish last. We'll see what happens!

Here's a picture of the last race we ran together in 2006 - The Boogie Woogie 5K!

Hahaha - here is a picture of Erik & I doing our first 5K ever. It was the Fairfield 5K in Fairfield, CT. My face is bright red AND I had gotten a spray tan the day before. haha

Here we are after I finished the Half back in 2008. Funny pics.

Anyway, here's to a successful race and that our "training together" works out well!

No comments: